HI friends! I’m really happy about bringing you today’s interview. Allison is a Tequesta local that does some really awesome things!! I’ve seen her posts on Facebook for awhile now and finally reached out to her to learn a little more about her & her business. She’s so nice and happily agreed. So, here you go!
1. Tell us a little about yourself. Hi! My name is Allison Albert. Originally I am from Williamsport, Pennsylvania but I spent most of my adult years in Denver, CO. My family moved here to Jupiter (my hubby’s hometown) three years ago. My husband Acey and I have a daughter Julia, currently a dance major at Dreyfoos School of the Arts. We also have Tini and Kona small mixed breed pups.
2. When did you start the DOMESTIC ARTISANS brand and what are the services you offer? I began Domestic Artisans soon after we relocated to Jupiter. I was eager to begin a new endeavor, which encompassed all of my passions and hobbies. Cooking, Baking, Childcare, Home Management, and Gardening. Domestic Artisans, LLC is the umbrella under which many things are created. And most recently much of my attention has been on Brooke Linn’s Bees.
3. How did Brooke Linns Bees get started? Brooke Linn’s Bees is now a big part of Domestic Artisans and was born out of my little garden here at home. I have been growing loofah (Yes! They grow on a vine and extremely well in South Florida). I was amazed at how many bees the loofah’s big yellow flowers attracted. So I said, I’m going to start a beehive right here in my backyard! Now I have seven hives in four locations around Jupiter and Tequesta and we’re always looking for host families. We are treatment free apiary and we sell bees wax and unfiltered honey.
4. Who makes up the DOMESTIC ARTISANS crew? Domestic Artisans and Brooke Linn’s Bees is run by myself with help from my husband, Dr. Acey Albert M.D. (Internist and Pediatrician) and Julia when she’s not dancing!
5. What do you find most challenging about running your own business?
The most challenging part of owning this business is keeping up with demands of the customers while remaining focused on the slower processes, somewhat old fashion and home grown processes that I base this business on and enjoy most.
6. What is the most rewarding thing about running your company?
I enjoy making things that people love and running into someone at Publix who refers to me as “the bee lady”! That is so fun and most rewarding for me.
7. What do you do on your days off?
When I’m not working I’m paddling boarding, traveling or volunteering at my daughter’s school.
8. How do you juggle work & family?
Luckily my work is everything that I love and I’m lucky my family also loves what I do.
9. Who is your favorite Superhero and why?
My super hero is my Mom. She’s about as super as they come. She raised five successful and happy kids, taught us all to cook and garden and really is the inspiration for starting Domestic Artisans. I’m trying to get her down to Jupiter to work with me.
11. Is there anything else you would like is to know? I am super excited to announce that I have merged with Tequesta Coffee Lounge! We have so many exciting things coming to the neighborhood! Please follow our page to hear about new offerings as well as upcoming events! I can’t wait to see you all there beginning October 8th, 2015!
Tequesta and Jupiter both have many small businesses that make living here great! If you’d like to know more info on how you can move to our area, contact me! Myself and the rest of the Sean Underwood Real Estate Team would LOVE to help you find the perfect home in Jupiter or Tequesta!
Are you thinking of buying, selling or moving in the Northern Palm Beach County area? Interested in how much your current home is worth? Just let me know, I’m happy to help!
Thanks for reading the blog, friends! Until next time, keep supporting each other.