I’m really excited to introduce you all to Jeni Johnson. I met Jeni through The Jupiter Dragons Swim Team, where both our daughters swim. I didn’t realize until very recently what Jeni did for a living. So, I contacted her about doing a blog interview and she agreed. Read on to see what’s she has been up to!
1. Tell us a little about yourself: I grew up on Virginia and moved to Florida in High School. I graduated from The University of Florida with a degree in Elementary Education. After graduation I became a flight attendant for American Airlines. I was a flight attendant for 18 years and then became a birth doula.
2. What is a Doula? A birth doula is someone who offers professional support to women during pregnancy, labor and postpartum.
3. How did you get started in the Doula field? How long have you been in the biz? I became a certified birth doula from DONA International in 2004. My doula partner and I started our company, Doulas of the Palm Beaches, LLC in 2005.
4. What do you find most challenging about running your own business? Trusting others to do a job. Tina (my business partner) and I have to trust the people that work for us completely. Our business is a very personal business and we want only the very best for our clients.
5. What is the most rewarding thing about running your company? Our business is full of rewards. The best, seeing a mom hold her baby for the very first time.
6. What do you do on your days off? I love to go to the beach, see a movie or find a new wonderful restaurant.
7. How do you juggle work & family? Fortunately my children are in high school and college so they completely understand if I’m at a birth. I really try to schedule everything work related around their schedules. A birth is one thing I can’t schedule, that’s why I try and limit the number of births each month to 3.
8. Who is your favorite Superhero and why? All of my clients in labor are my superheroes. Women are so strong, emotionally and physically.
10. Is there anything else you would like is to know? Upcoming events, etc. We have so many events happening at DOTPB. Please visit or website for all events
Thank you, Jeni, for sharing with us! We love seeing small business owners doing well in Jupiter, Florida!
Just listed: I love this tri-level townhouse in Greenwich, Jupiter, within walking distance of Doulas of The Palm Beaches’ office, currently available through the Sean Underwood Real Estate Team. Contact me if you’d like to see it.