I am super excited to introduce you all to Caitlin Farrelly Bartlett, owner of Maggie & Mae!
I contacted Caitlin about doing the interview, because my daughter & I LOVE her shop! We’ve purchase a few little goodies there and love her selection of beautiful things. She kindly agreed to answer some questions for the blog, so without further adieu, meet Caitlin!
1. Tell us a little about yourself: Caitlin Farrelly Bartlett, from Jupiter, Fl…Lived here since the 4th grade, split my time between Jupiter and Nantucket Island, MA after college. Moved to Jupiter permanently about one year ago. I’ve recruited my husband to be a Jupiter boy, he’s originally from North Conway New Hampshire.
My husband Justin and I have been married four years, we hope to start a family soon.
I have a dog, a Chihuahua, Mr. Patches. He is 11 years old, and is my most loyal companion. He comes to M&M every day, and hangs out in a dog bed made from a vintage suitcase. Wherever I am, he is, and vice versa.
2. When did you start the Maggie & Mae brand? Maggie & Mae has been an “idea” for many years. I got my start at a small boutique on Nantucket, where I was the manager/buyer for about 10 years. We started the process in October of 2013, and officially opened for business in August of 2014.
3. Who are Maggie & Mae? Maggie was my beloved Golden Retriever, I got her ask a gift from my dad when I was 8. She passed away when I was a senior in high school. Mae is for Asha Mae, my littlest sister. I am the oldest of three girls; Asha Mae is in the first grade at Jerry Thomas Elementary. We are the luckiest people on the planet to get to share our lives with her.
4. What do you find most challenging about running your own business? The most challenging thing about running my own business is that I am my own boss, on any given day I can choose to be lazy or productive; and I’m the only person that I have to answer to. Can be a double-edged sword at times.
5. What is the most rewarding thing about running your company? To me, I find the most reward in empowering women through their style and wardrobe. I like the feeling of helping someone feel pretty and dressing for their personal style and body types. We as women are naturally super hard on ourselves, so it is nice to be able to help someone calm that down a bit.
6. What do you do on your days off? Well, as a new business owner, days off are few and far between; but when we do get them, my husband Justin and I enjoy taking my parents boat out, or going to the beach. We love just the act of sitting and relaxing. Jupiter has so much to offer in such a little area, we try to take advantage of our little slice of paradise.
7. How do you juggle work & family? The juggle of work and family is always tough, for anyone and everyone. I think for me, I have to remind myself of the importance of taking a step back and remembering that we only get this one life; don’t let it pass you by.
8. Who is your favorite Superhero and why? My favorite super hero is hands down, my mother. She is more than the hardest working person I know. It was always her dream to see my sister and I go off to college and do great things. Not only was it her dream to see it, but also she is always there to help us get it. Without sounding like a spoiled brat, my mom’s never wanted to tell us “no.” If there was something we wanted or needed, she’d work extra hard just for us. It’s pretty cool to have a mother that has your back no matter what; not everyone will have the blessing of experiencing that.
9. Where can we find Maggie & Mae online? Maggie & Mae is super into the social media train, you can always find us on Facebook and Instagram. I’m constantly posting about new arrivals, specials, and everything in between!
Thank you, Caitlin, for sharing with us! We love seeing small business owners doing well in Jupiter, Florida!
Just listed: I love this Spacious & Bright Jupiter Townhome, within walking distance of Maggie & Mae, currently available through the Sean Underwood Real Estate Team. Contact me if you’d like to see it.