It seems like it took me forever, but I F I N A L L Y got around to taking Brightline in South Florida. All the way down to Miami actually! In case you don’t know what Brightline is, let me explain. (This is not a paid advertisement. All opinions are my own.)
Taking Brightline In South Florida
has just recently become an option for those of us living in Palm Beach County. Brightline is a privately owned and operated passenger rail system currently running from West Palm Beach to Miami, with one stop in Fort Lauderdale.
I’ve now been to Miami twice via the Brightline, and both trips were just wonderful. The first time, my husband and I headed to Miami, just the two of us. We love doing “Day Dates” in Miami, but I really, really don’t like the part of driving to Miami. (I’m secretly a small child that hates car rides!!). So, being able to utilize Brightline in South Florida is HUGE for me. The second time we took our daughters and we had such a blast!
Choose Your Seating
Brightline offers three types of seating choices when purchasing tickets. Smart, Smart Plus and Select. Our first ride down, we chose Smart Plus. Just a little higher priced than the Smart seating option, Smart Plus offers you a complimentary beverage (including beer & wine) and snack on your trip. Smart seating offers snacks and beverages to purchase. Their recently added Select seating offers unlimited beverages and snacks for the duration of your ride, use of their select lounge and you get to board first with pre-boarding.
Both the West Palm Beach and Miami Brightline Stations are beautiful! Both stations have a ton of super friendly, helpful staff members. As your train pulls in you will notice them all on the platform waving hello. I love that! They also answered all our questions and were very polite.
The West Palm Beach station has a large lounge and a select lounge. Lots of food and beverages to purchase, comfy chairs to wait in and plenty of chargers for all your devices. The select lounge offers clients a separate waiting area with complimentary food and beverages.
The Miami station is a lot bigger! The same services are available as in the West Palm station, but there is also a large downstairs area with unique food vendors like Joe & The Juice, and many more coming soon. The Miami station is actually located inside Miami Central, a hub for many things coming soon to the Miami area!
Once You’re There
Brightline in South Florida is a partner with Lyft. You can grab any ride sharing right outside the station. Our family opted for an Uber ride, straight to the Salty Donut! Best. Dang. Donuts. Ever.
After stuffing our faces we chose a walk around the Wynwood area, to fill our eyes with some of the greatest wall murals in the US! (That’s another one of my own, unpaid for opinions). If you’re there, be sure to visit the Wynwood Walls. There is so much to do and see, it really is a wonderful spot.
My next trip on the Brightline in South Florida will be to the Fort Lauderdale station! And I’m super pumped for the Orlando extension!! Have you taken the Brightline? If so, what did you see? What did you do? Did you enjoy the experience? Leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts!
More Cool Things About Brightline In South Florida
- All the lounges and the trains have free wifi that works great!
- All the lounges and the trains have ample chargers to keep your devices running all day long.
- We were super early for the train on our way back, and really tired. We were able to chill in the lounge for over an hour before the train arrived.
- The seats are super comfy and the trains are really clean.
- I suggest pre-buying your tickets. I tried to book at the last minute one time and everything was sold out.
- Brightline is constantly adding new time slots to their schedule. Traveling in South Florida keeps getting easier!
- The best part about our trip was, after being in Miami all day, walking and shopping, we were able to relax the whole train ride home (which is super quick by the way) and arrived at our car feeling refreshed and ready for a great evening at home. So much better than waiting in traffic!!
Thank you so much for reading the South Florida Local blog! I hope the contents are helpful to you and you can enjoy South Florida like I do! – ❤️ Nicole
If you’re looking to make South Florida your home, contact me! I’d love to be your South Florida Local Realtor.